another sonic maximizer thread

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by infamousxtopher, Mar 8, 2006.

1. i've been looking ar rackmount sonic maximeizers to use with my pa system, and i've been searching on ebay i''ve been finding all different models and prices. right now they jst make a mono and stereo version as far as i can tell. are the old ones any worse? has the circuit been improved? or if i can pick up and older one for 70 bucks should i jsut go for it?
  2. For a stereo sonic maximizer, you can get an older one of the 462's which sounds great to me. Basically as you can, no matter how far back you go, essential everything is the same on the outside. The circuits/chips etc. are the only things that really change. As far as sound comparison between older and newer models, not THAT big of a deal.
  3. Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    My guitar player has a 482i and I have the old 482. We A/B'd them because we don't run through them stereo, and we didn't notice any difference at all other than cosmetically, obviously.

I doubt you'll find anything different through a PA.

ETA: The 482i uses the same generation processor (4th I think) as the 482, so even inside they are similar as the matching sound would make you believe.
  4. thanks a lot guys, looks like i'll just keep my eye out for an older used model and hopefully pick it up for a good price.

5. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    I've got a BBE 362 I am willing to part with for a good amount cheaper than $70 if you are intrested. PM me if you are.