Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another Spalted Sadowsky!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PRSBassGuy, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Just noticed that Roger has another spalted bass thats available on his "In Stock" page. This one's one of his Ultra Vintage models with a P/J combination and a brazilian board. Really nice!
    http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/images/3848_full.jpg
    I just love the texture of the spalted maple finishes. No two are alike! Spalted maple is a hard wood to work with and because of this somewhat rare. Each one has its' own unique beauty. Just wish I could afford a bunch of them.:(

2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    That Sadowsky looks really nice. I agree with your comments on spalted maple. It is my favorite top (for natural finish basses.) My FBB (#65, in progress) has a spalted top.

3. Jason,
    Just out of curiousity what was the upcharge for the spalted maple on your new bass? I get the impression they run around $300-$500?

4. That is a beautiful bass!

[​IMG]

The one he made for me (his first Spalted Maple top) is absolutely spectacular. I had never seen flamed spalted maple before.

What's even better than how they look is how well the sound. Roger simply does outstanding work.

5. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    You have a PM.