1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another Squier Cabronita NBD!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Justice, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    So I picked up the Squier VM Cabronita Precision Bass from the MF SDOD for $179. Could not pass that one up. It arrived today (Fast free shipping from MF -good job! :beaver:

Bass arrived, single boxed wrapped in the thin foam sleeve. No damage. Over all fit and finish is very nice. It looks great. My only complaint about the looks is that nobody makes replacement pickguards and I would like a different one. Maybe this will get me into making pickguards. Neck feels great, no sharp frets, all finished nicely. Tuners feel good, maybe a little tight. Bridge is a high mass version and looks very good. (I would love to replace the bridge on my Squier Dirnt bass with one of these bridges.

Needs a little bit of setup but it sounds great through my studio monitors and I wish I had a gig this weekend so I could take it out and play it. This is my 4th Squer VM and that have all been good players.

I will be completely honest and say that I am going to need to shim the neck to be able to get the action down where I want it. Currently I cannot get it low without the saddles bottoming out and the G string hits the pickup when fretting higher on the neck. This is not a major issue to me as I have had to do it to other basses before.

Overall, very pleased. I just wished they had offered the Squier in CAR.

Pics...

20150327_162559_zpscai6frva.
    20150327_162621_zps0raykddb.
    20150327_162631_zpshfvb0ezx.
    20150327_162642_zpsclzj7mlg.

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    They've done that to me too. It's unacceptable. Luckily yours wasn't damaged. Nice bass. Congrats.

About the pickguard, see how you like it if you just take it off. The Fender version has the stupid cnc hole but not the Squier version, so it can go pickguardless.

3. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    The box...

20150327_162151_zpsusdnqush.

The new strap that will be going with it..

strap_zpsqi7ydcqc.