1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another stingray attack!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  2. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Stingray Jihad!!

3. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Singray attacks are rare as is, but this is crazy.

4. Man, what's up with these stingrays?

Imagine you're just standing in your boat hangin' out and one jumps outta the water and hits you in the chest???

:eek:

Having witnessed one kid getting stuck (and helping him get to the hospital), in the leg, I can't imagine what pain that dude felt catching it in the chest like that!!!

It's been a topic here in the shop, apparantly a few years ago, Keith's brother got tagged in the hand and it really messed him up for a while.

5. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
  6. Typically, you really have to do something to get them scared to be stung, i.e. step on one (the kid that I was with did just that). This latest one is definitely a freak occurance.

7. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Wow, this is crazy stuff....

8. Very, very freaky.

Mike

9. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    the attack of the killer stingrays.......
    maybe we should blame it on EL NIÑO.........wait that was a long time ago...
    that deal with the stingrays is getting crazy

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I tell you what's causing it. All of these damn violent video games!!!! Back in my day, stingrays were nice people! Hell, we'd invite 'em over to have Sunday supper with us! I even dated the oldest daughter of a stingray. Nice gal she was!

11. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I for one am shocked...mainly because by the title I thought this was going to be an MM Stingray thread...until I saw what forum it was in :D

12. ebe9

ebe9

Feb 26, 2006
    South Africa
    Conspiracy Theory Number 2897643:

Secret government trained stingrays have escaped the holding pen and have made their way into the wild.

And to boot they are pissed off.

13. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    It's gets freakier - Apparently this thing ALSO caught the guy in the heart ala Steve Irwin. The difference is that they left the barb in and were able to remove it by slowly and carefully pushing it through the heart! Whereas Steve Irwin actually pulled it out himself, probably causing massive damage. Damn, my kids are still broken up about that a month later.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/19/stingray.ap/index.html

14. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    That is freaky. But I think if I was Steve I probably would've attempted to pull it out too in the shock.

15. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Now how unlucky (or lucky) you got to be,to be stabbed in the heart by a stingray jumping to your boat? :eyebrow:

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I'll just make sure and stay far away from these critters.

-Mike

17. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    I feel a movie coming up!

The attack of killer stingrays... the sequel to the "attack of the killer tomatoes".

I wonder if enough time has passed for Steve Irwin bad, horable, going to hell if you say it but yet funny jokes?

18. And all these years...........I never realized how often I cheated death by snorkeling right over the top of them!! :eek: :rollno:

19. I have come ariived upon a theory. Music Man is attempting to make us all play their basses by ussing stingrays to destroy everyone that dosn't play a stingray bass. My logic behind this is that, as far as I know, neither of the people that got stabbed in the heart played a stingray bass. For the love of god, go buy a stingray before you die!