another strange Video-google bass video

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Terrorstorm, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    The MIDI 11 string sounded pretty cool.

As for the flamenco bass - pretentious. :)
  2. i believe the flameco kid was on TB for a while, but i believe he was picked on a little bit, and i haven't seen him around lately
  3. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
  4. the 11 string is hilarious
  5. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    What a pillar of light and justice in the universe.

Seriously... he needs to play guitar. And what the hell is wrong with people just slapping -core on the end of stuff?

mod: come on, use your head
  6. I don't think the mods will agree with your use of "pillar of justice and light in the universe".

(I personally don't care, but you know how some folk get)
  7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Wanna know something... I might have dug the flamenco if it weren't for two things

- Over the neck, 80s style fretting
    - Core
    - Haircut

better make it three
  8. Steven Melensen

Steven Melensen

Aug 2, 2005
    I always hate that kind of comments. Why don't you let people play what they want on their instruments! Bass player are not forced to be only in the background playing grooves and guitar player are not forced to play fast shred stuff. Do you think that slappers should play drums, that tappers should play piano or stick, that pickers (people who plays with a pick;) ) should play electric guitar??? Bass guitar is one of the rare instruments where you can get multiple tone using a lot of differents techniques and I like to explore with those techniques. You're not forced to like Flamencore, but I know that there is people who like it and there is no non musician who told me that I should play guitar after listening to it (we play for the public not for the other musicians).

And by the way, all the "special faces" are for entertainement purposes only. I made them 'cause most solo bass/guitar videos consisted generally of a guy who is playing impressive stuff but who look to his fingerboard all the time. As far as the haircut goes, well ladies like it. So I won't cut my hair just to please guys:D

Anyway, thanks to Terrorstorm for posting my video here and stay tuned, 'cause I may post a bass/upright bass duet featuring me and the world reknowned Zbigniew Borowicz in a near future.

PS : my opinion is not only about me. I've read a lot of commentaries saying that Billy Sheehan, Bill Dickens, Cliff Burton (to name few) should play guitar instead of bass because they love(d) to shred, but I think that no one here that can proove me that they are(were) not great bass players.

PS2 : sorry if I made mistakes. English is not my first language.
  9. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

Better add that crazy bassface about 20 sec into it.
  10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    P.S. That was a pretty good solo bit. But back to the hair for a moment.... :D .... you know... the ladies once thought this was attractive:

Just food for thought. :D
  11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    BTW: I'm with this dude. Even though I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE shredding and have put forth zero effort into turning into a shredder.... what the hell guys?

Shredding is the ultimate way to trick people into thinking your a musical god. It is a show of talent, but more technical that musical. But when people say "Oh bassist suck, they can't rock like guitarists." This is where I'll point to the Cliff Burtons, the Billy Sheehans, people who have influenced this kid. Because anyone stupid enough to make a comment like that looooOooOoOoOves shred, and hate Jaco. :D

This vid fits into the melodic shred catagory, which is a big step up from the "watch me move my hands real fast!!"
  12. Steven Melensen

Steven Melensen

Aug 2, 2005
    LOL good one dude. But as far as I remember, Bret Michaels slept with Pamela Anderson:p
  13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Fixed it for ya. ;)
  14. lampstandmonkey

Jan 12, 2006
    i liked the flamenco. first google video i've ever saved.
  15. arianar

Sep 25, 2005
    Wasn't to fond of the first minute or so of the flamencore!

But I really liked the rest of it!!!

And the 11 String MIDI bass is just :hyper: !
  16. This poor kid has suffered the classic case of his friends enabling his behavior. He plays that stuff, and they go "cool", and he thinks, "man, this is really good", and nobody ever tells him that it isn't good. It's just silly.
  17. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    looks like a bad guitar player that turned into an even worse bass player
  18. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005