1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Another Tailpiece Wire Question...

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by davegr8house, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Hello All,
    Today while practicing I got to looking at my Tailpiece.."kinda got a hair for a new one". I was told it was probably the original aprox 100yr old. It is Rosewood and has the Tailpiece Wire running threw it visible when looking at it. Well I noticed that where the wire runs through the Tailpiece that the wire is twisted. Can this twist cause lack of vibration robing me of volume and sound? I may just be silly here but I was just wondering. Thanks...

Dave

2. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    I don't know about a twist in the wire but I do know if you put a flexable tail wire on your bass it will sound better- most likely.

I did my own went to the hardware store and got some 1/8" aerocraft cable and replace the stiff wire. I already had the crimp tool (cost about $25) and $1 for the cable and $1 for the crimps.

If I had it to do over again I would put the crip by the end pin not ontop of the tail board.

Joe