Another tattoo thread....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Showdown, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    A long time ago, on a thread about tattoos, someone posted a pic of his P-bass tattoo. I've searched and couldn't find it. I'm planning on getting a similar one, and wonder if anyone has any artwork of basses that would be good for a tattoo.
  2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    You mean my jazz bass tat?

3. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    not the best tatoo i have ever seen, but a cool design non-the less.did you get Fenders permission to use their bass as a model for your tatoo ? LOL !!!. i would'nt put it past them to sue you for copywright infringment, stranger things have happened. though i only play a fender i would'nt get a tat of one,just like i would NEVER EVER EVER NEVER get a/my girls name on tatooed my body. its a curse,plus its an on-going joke in the tatoo world that its a jinx,once you get a persons/girlfriend name tatooed on your body she/he will leave you.:bawl:. TRUE STORY> my buddy got a beautiful portrait of his girlfriend's face tatooed on his chest,he spent like close to 1500.00$$ on it,it was one of the best portrait tatoo's i have ever seen.all this was done for her because he was sentenced to 4 years in jail for an assault coupled with another charge and he wanted to prove his love to her. and now for the point of the story. WHEN HE CAME HOME TO SHOW HER WHAT HE DID(the tatoo)SHE WAS IN THE PROCESS OF PACKING ALL HER STUFF, BECAUSE SHE DUMPED HIM AS SOON AS WALKED THROUGH THE DOOR .poor bastard :bawl: .did i mention that helping her was a new boyfriend that she was moving in with ? now picture this,you spend 1500.00$ for the tatoo to show comitment before going to jail for 4 years,and after going through 10 hours of pain and misery to prove his love for her,she takes the money that was given to her to pay the rent for the next year(yes he gave like 7500.00$ to her for a years rent to help her along)after sticking it out with him for 1 1/2 years while going through the courts she dumps him in the worst,mean,trecherous way possible :mad: .my point being > I REALLY DONT HAVE ONE :confused: .i thought it was an interesting story to say the very least:meh:
  4. That is one feckin' SWEET tatoo!

I've been wanting a tat, but couldn't decide what I could get 'cept a bass cleff... But now I think I gots me a design!

:cool: :cool:
  5. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    That isn't the one I saw before, but I like it.
  6. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I like it. I dont care for how close it is to my colored tribal with my kids initials (they are two seperate tattoos, but to fit it where I wanted it, it had to go there. I've seen better work, and I've seen worse, but its OK for me....
  7. I think the initials and the tribial zig-zag would be cooler in all black.

Seriously, that is an awesome tatoo! I love it!

Bet that hurt yer pocket, tho! :D
  8. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    This is my shoulder

9. AJ, that kicks!

:D :D
  10. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Here you go.. I got this about a year and a half or so ago.

11. Shuller

Feb 2, 2003
    moscow, russia
    Don't have a photo yet or the tat for that matter. But heres my story. I've been wanting to get one for a long time now. Just coudn't find a good enough artist to do it. You see, I didn't want to just go to an expensive place and get it done by some pro who happened to be a jackass and when I found a good enough man for the job and gave him the half-assed desgin of mine, he said he'd draw it better then put it on me. I wanted the lyrics of a Sublime song on my shoulder;

'Before I end, you will all be victims of my stories, tales, lies and exaggerations'

Seeing that I'm an aspiring film-maker I feel it suits me perfect. But it's been amonth and he's still busy so I guess I'll have to wait 'till I get another one.

What do you guys think of the idea?
  12. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Microbass...the price of both tats wasn't bad at all. The guy who did it is a friend and a fellow bassist who happens to own a tat shop, so the price was pretty good....
  13. bcarll

Oct 16, 2001
    Anyone have a bass related tatoo that we could see. I'm thinking of getting a tatoo but cannot find anything bass related. Thought about our own bass clef "GOT BASS" logo here at TB. Would that be a copyright infringement?

14. Aussie Mark

Aussie Mark I come from a land down under Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    Endorsing Artist: Fender; O'Neill Amps; Cave Passive Pedals
    Here's my bass clef .....