Another Thread of "Whats It Worth" Harris Sig Edition

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B'Aces High, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Well...this isnt certain but i have found another bass i like....but to get it i might sell my Steve Harris sig to pay for it. And i will only sell it if i can get a decent price

I hunted for a long time for this bass..SMASH and Harderman helped me find it(thanks alot guys i owe ya). And even though Maiden is my fav band..its just not seeing playing time and instead has taken a spot in my room sitting there looking pretty with Iron Maiden flags hanging proudly above.

There is only 2 things that are wrong with this bass...both are pretty minor.

#1 - the orginal owner stripped the strap buttons so i did the ol industrial strength epoxy and toothpick trick to them. Worked like a charm..they feel solid.

#2 - a small ding in which i provided pics of.

Other than that, everything is fine with it side from the usual surface scuffs in the pickguard...probally could be polished out.
    No hardcase...just a gigbag.

I am very hesitant in getting rid of this this is not a for sure please do not email or PM me with offers (i know this bass will probally get alot of attention due to their rarity) I am just curious if what i will be asking is "fair".

I was thinking $700 Canadian ($560 USA) (not including shipping btw)

All i want to know is if this seems fair?
    Let me know if i left any details out.
    Thanks alot for your help.
  2. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I believe these sold for 699 new, but I'm not 100 percent sure. I think 500-550 is a great place to start.
  3. brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I would most definitely pay 700 for that bass.
  4. I would gladly pay 560 for it. Those sold for about twice that much when they were availble here in Sweden.
  5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Just remember, if this is for sale it belongs in the classifieds. If you're just asking about value, it can stay here.
  6. No probs HD. I understand.

And yeah i was just checking its value...i havent decided if im going to sell it or not.
    Im just trying to figure out if its worth it to me? Worth to let go...