1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Another tube amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fuzzy beard, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Well i placed a bid on a amp and forgot about it. 2 days later log on to Ebay and i won the thing! Realy didnt think much about it when placing the bid i knew i wouldnt get it for that little! Here is the Ebay pic.

Traynor yba2b

2. Rthm

Rthm

Dec 7, 2010
    Mmmmmm......has it arrived yet?

3. So this is what i know about it 25watt 1x15 combo made in Canada. Anyone else know anything about them?

By the way those who dont know me before you say it ist loud enough for a drummer i know! I have a thing for low wattage tube amps! Ala 1965 Ampeg sb-12, and 1983 Fender bassman 20

4. No i found out i was high bidder last night! He said he will ship tommorow.

5. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Cool sounding amp but not very loud. I played through one this summer.

Built like a brick $&!@house though.

In Canada, vintage Traynors are everywhere!

6. Get any breakup out of it?

7. Also i know i got this at a steal of a deal but how much do you all think it is worth?

8. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

They aren't worth that much here. $300-400 max. Sometimes less than $300. Great value still.

It breaks up pretty quickly.... In a good way.

9. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Cool, man. A tube combo, and not one you see everyday, at least not here. Liking the extra simple layout and very few knobs. What is that, volume, treble and bass?

10. Thats what it looks like. Really doesnt look much different than my bassman although it is 3 band.Look at my profile and you can see the bassman

11. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Ya, I saw pics of your bassman, cool little amps indeed. My first amp looked just like that, but it was a "sidekick50". Cheaper SS model, nothing as nice as that. Bit that and a black and white P bass is what I looked like from age 12 until about 19.

12. Sounds nicer than my first amp. Fender rumble 15 yeah i know i'am doing it big!

13. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    Fuzzy Beard,
    Man, when it comes to little combo amps you are now the king. You've probably cornered the market on tube combos. Kind of unique since most companies only made one low watt tube bass amp. Traynor evidently made several different ones though. I think Guild built a smaller version of the Thunderbass that was a combo, and then there was the Gibson Thor.

Ric

The Guild Amp was called

Attached Files:

14. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Cool as all get out! Sort of like their answer to the B-15, eh? Should rip. Have fun!

15. Great score. Congrats!

16. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    Hah! My first amp too. Came with a Squier P with a neck thicker than a professional wrestler's.

17. My wanted list goes somthing like this Ampeg b12, Gibson thor, Ahh who a i kidding i want all odd ball combos!

JimmyM Nice the way you slide the eh in there!

18. Not me ChristW I picked it out to go wll my ibby jet king! LOL

19. Randall

Randall

Aug 6, 2009
    Canada.
    So you got it already? i imagine the speakers might be the weak link. I would see if there is a speaker out and run it to a nice new efficient cab and let her rip:bassist:

20. Read post #4