Another update on my rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xb100, Aug 9, 2005.

1. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Well after my run in with the Epi,Bergies, and Schroeders, I've come down to this.

Epi keeps it light and semi compact (UL212)
    Bergies are not as light so I ruled them out (HT 322)
    The Schroeders are fairly small, smaller than the UL, 23x23x16 but weigh 20 pounds more than the Epi.

But, earlier today I was doing some searching and I've been familiar with Dr.Bass Cabs, so I went and visited Marc's site. I was blown away, everything looks great, and guess what....I'm gassing for a BL 212 and a BL 210. Both of em together shipped comes out to the Epi UL212 is, I got a quote from bassnw. (Really nice service there*)

Since I want a modular rig I was thinking, why not have the Dr.Bass 212 for band practices and small to medium gigs, and save the 210 to add on top of the 212 for the larger shows?

What do you guys think? Stick with the Schroeder 410 or try out the Dr.Bass cabs? I know Tom Boluws (sorry if I spelled it wrong :meh: ) Has a couple Dr.Bass cabs and I read that he really digs them, even though they are older models.

My research is killing me, I find I cab I like for 2 days then find something else I like, is that normal?

2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    You are comparing budget, lower end stuff, to high end gear. Its apples and oranges. I'd go with the Epi and not look back.
  3. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I've heard that Dr. Bass's mission is to compete with the hi-fi cabs, not budget lines. Don't remember exactly the thread where someone said this, though.
  4. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In

The BL series is Dr.Bass's "higher end stuff"

"The Dr. Bass BL Series uses many of the same high quality components as the popular Rx Series, but are constructed out of the finest 3/4" plywoods available. All BL Series cabinets include recessed steel bar pocket handles, oversized stack corners, heavy-duty crossovers with parallel dual 1/4" and speakon connectors. Once you see and hear these cabinets, they may be the last cabinets you will ever own."

^^^^Taken directly from the drbasscabs site.

Heres a link as well.

But back to the topic, can you tell me why you would pick the Epi? I havn't found barley any reviews for them, yes I have done searches here on TB, but I still would like to hear more info about them.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Read and learn from this man. He knows of what he speaks.