1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Another use for CEB-3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Joe P, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    ...As very cool treble-boost!

Try it: put one after your favorite distortion, for instance. Set the knobs - left-to-right - full-CW (adjust to taste; this is the amount of effect - with this knob back at full-CCW, the pedal does nothing, no-matter how anything else is set; at about 3:00, the 'effect'-signal is about equal with the 'dry'.), full-CCW (this makes the effect only operate on the high-highs; it has no effect except up in the higher-harmonics. I found through experimentation that a setting of around 9:15 puts the 'knee' right at about the twenty-forth fret on the G-string - so if you set it much more clockwise than this, it'll be vibrato-ing fundamental frequencies on your higher notes, intead of just harmonics), 3:00 (for medium-fast modulation speed), 9:00 (for just a little-bit of modulation).

I love it. ..I mean - I think it'd be worth the price just for this setting alone. This setting sounds great clean also, but it's very subtle - you could leave it on all the time, really (When I play clean harmonics with this, there's a very nice, subtle roto-vibe effect, only up in the high 'bell-overtone'-range).

Between straight chorus, the "Uniboss" signal-split technique, and this treble-enhance, I'm really becoming a fan of these things!

Joe

2. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Sounds interesting, I will try this the next time I have my effects all out!

3. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Do it!

I messed with it some more last night, and I especially like what it did with a distorted tone.

Joe