Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another use for CEB-3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Joe P, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    ...As very cool treble-boost!

Try it: put one after your favorite distortion, for instance. Set the knobs - left-to-right - full-CW (adjust to taste; this is the amount of effect - with this knob back at full-CCW, the pedal does nothing, no-matter how anything else is set; at about 3:00, the 'effect'-signal is about equal with the 'dry'.), full-CCW (this makes the effect only operate on the high-highs; it has no effect except up in the higher-harmonics. I found through experimentation that a setting of around 9:15 puts the 'knee' right at about the twenty-forth fret on the G-string - so if you set it much more clockwise than this, it'll be vibrato-ing fundamental frequencies on your higher notes, intead of just harmonics), 3:00 (for medium-fast modulation speed), 9:00 (for just a little-bit of modulation).

I love it. ..I mean - I think it'd be worth the price just for this setting alone. This setting sounds great clean also, but it's very subtle - you could leave it on all the time, really (When I play clean harmonics with this, there's a very nice, subtle roto-vibe effect, only up in the high 'bell-overtone'-range).

Between straight chorus, the "Uniboss" signal-split technique, and this treble-enhance, I'm really becoming a fan of these things!

Joe

2. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Sounds interesting, I will try this the next time I have my effects all out!

3. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Do it!

I messed with it some more last night, and I especially like what it did with a distorted tone.

Joe