1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another vocal effects question

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by funkalicious101, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Does anyone know how to get nice lo-fi, grainy vocals? At my disposal all I have is the EQ and effects in Cubase.

What I'm looking to re-create is the same as the male vocals that come in at about 1:05 in this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xlQFiHAKe8.

It might be just is voice for all I know (although if it is then he has a rather impressive range of tones according to other Diablo Swing Orchestra songs). But even if so, how would I be able to get a sound like that.

Thank you,
    Sam Becker.

2. You can accomplish that with EQ

3. So just cut out a lot of lows?

4. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    Try running the vocals though an overdrive pedal on a fairly light setting. Cutting the lows under 400Hz and the treble over 5kHz might help as well.

5. do you have an old telephone? mic the earpiece and isolate it with gaffer's tape and sing into the receiver. you can find most old phones like that at thrift stores or something.