1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Another Warwick question....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Optimus Prime, Nov 15, 2001.

1. What Warwick bass is the best if you only are willing to spend around 2000$?

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Depends on the # of Strings...
    How many do you want?

3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Streamer PRO M is great.
    If you can get a Warwick Dolphin Pro I thats the one to get.
    www.basscentral.com has a very nice selection of Warwicks check them out.

4. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    You can get a Streamer stage II 4 string for that price from Matts Music ( www.mattsmusic.com ). I am thinking about one of those in my distant future and they had the best price.

-KB

5. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    If you could find a deal on an Infinity model, I would heartily recommend it. I've got an Infinity 5 as my main fretted right now, it's phenomenal!
    Do you need to buy new, or could you shop used?
    You'll definitely get more bass for your $ if you could buy used...
    I also found the Streamer Jazzman to be a great instrument. ALmost got one of those...
    Nice contoured body, like the thumb, but better balance.
    Thumb's are pretty nice, but you have to deal with a monster stretch to the first fret, and they tend to neck-dive, but a whole bunch of pro's seem to rely on them...
    Are there any that you can try out locally?

6. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i've seen a ba-jillion dolphin 4's go for under $2k. that's what i'd get.

mmm....dolphin.

jason

7. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    I personally love the tone of the thumb model. Bolt on has a even chunkier tone to it but the NT (mine) has a more smooth tone to it, even the "junky" corvette standard is pretty good if you're on a budget;)

the warwick i'd love to try and own is the dolphin model, but seeing that i'm a poor musician i'll probably never get one, unless I sell stuff....which i hate to do.

man i wish i had a 2k budget to play with!!!!

8. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Virginia
    The Warwick Thumb 4 is in my opinion the nicest bass they make. It does neck dive pretty bad when you strap it on and it is a bit of a reach to the first fret. It took me about three months to get used to it and now it is very comfortable. This bass is very well made and has a wonderfull rich tone. Although people are talking alot about the quality of the newer Warwicks, I compared my '98 Thumb neck-thru to a 2001 neck-thru and the only difference was the type of neck wood. The contstruction, craftsmanship and tone were all fantastic. I paid about $2000 for mine about two years ago. Good Luck!:cool:

9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Now you played the Warwick for $2000, $4000 & $1000. If you like the one for $1000, regardless of cost, isn't that the <i>"best if you only are willing to spend around 2000$?"</i>

I'm not really familiar w/Warwick but the ones I've played & wouldn't take unless you gave it to me for free so I could sell them on eBay.

Play as many Warwick's as you can & when you find the one you like, compare it to as many other bass companies you can so you know you're making the right choice.

Good luck.