1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another weird ampeg combo--what is it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kozmikyak, Jan 14, 2013.

1. I saw this online:

[​IMG]

The seller is a local used instrument store. They claim it's an Ampeg B3152.

It doesn't show up in Ampeg's current or discontinued product lineup, on their website. And the only references to this model number that Google can even _find_ are just on the website of the seller. No reference to it on Talkbass that I can find either.

It's likely not a very good deal, but it's rather unique looking, so it's piquing my curiosity just for information's sake. Does anyone have more info on this--a "real" model number, specs?

2. looks like an Ampeg B3158... To be honest, I'd steer clear of anything with the Ampeg B3 head.

3. jelly6466

jelly6466 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Mass.
    That is a B3158. 150 watts biamped 100 watts into a lower 15 inch spekaer and 50 watts into an upper 8 inch speaker. About 85 pounds, has tilt back wheels for rolling. Personally I love these but again that is just my opinion.

4. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    Actually the B3158 is a killer combo, I've had a couple over the years and only sold them because they're too heavy for my old-man back.

5. I'd get it myself, if not for the fact that I have money floating in gear flippage right now.

6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    It looks interesting and heavy

7. Melonthief

Melonthief

Jan 25, 2013
    Trade Feedback for Jelly6466
    Super nice guy, fair trader. Highly recommend.

8. +1. Not the most reliable Ampeg ever.

9. Brio

Brio

Mar 10, 2013
    Kansas City
    I have one and love it, except for the 80+ pounds. Bought mine second hand, it has been gigged heavily and has been nothing but steady the entire time.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021