Another "What the heck do get the female for christmas" thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    So ya... I don't know what to get her... I've asked her friends, but none of them give me the same answer.

Jewelry is a last resort, becuase quite frankly, that just implies way to much involvement, ya know? And after my last relationship, thats the last thing I want to deal with.

Price range? probably $60... $75 max.

Maybe $75 worth of chili's gift cards so she can take me out to dinner?
  2. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    She's sure to love to get a toaster

You can probably get her several in her price range

Or splurge and get one fancy one
  3. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    they have radio toasters now
  4. A 75$ gift card to Bath & Body Works or some chick place like that.
  5. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    A new butt 'cause her old one has a crack and a hole in it. (Damn..I havent said that since like, 6th grade!)
  6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    In other words, something the exact kind of their own.
  7. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Buy her a one hour massage or something nice like that.

Although Cheeze's suggestion is getting used at the office today! :D
  8. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Thats definately true, she hasn't given you any hints? My current significant other just suggested out loud what we should exchange for Christmas, to keep all the BS out, it was totally unpractical (wedding bands on a chain, we're not that far into the relationship to be wearing them yet.) But that definately made my life easier.
  9. kegbarnacle

Nov 18, 2003
    This is good advice. Nothing related to exercise or cleaning is rule number 2.

The massage isn't a bad idea. There's a place here in phoenix called Massage Envy, I got a gift certificate there once for about $40. It was good for a 1 hour massage. Great rate. It was an excellent massage from what I understand.
  10. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    What is she in to, does she have any hobbies? Find out if there are any CD's or DVD's that she likes. Yea those aren't really romantic or anything, but it's still a good idea if you're just looking for something to get her.
  11. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Go to a "day spa" or similar place. They have all kinds of things that the ladies like. I just bought a pedicure for my wife. Pedicure, manicure, message, facial, etc.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

13. Write her a letter. Costs less and she'll <3 you more.
  14. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The bunny slippers i ordered for my gf came today, gotta say i wish i ordered a pair for myself.
  15. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Yup. Target and Pier 1 are two excellent places for gift ideas.
  16. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    A flower in a fancy pot for females seems to be the hit amongst my friends this christmas.

I accidentally started it when my friend joked with me about giving her girlfriend a real gift she's been talking about recently, a fortune bambu or whatever the plant is called, and I blurted something like "Well.. you could always get some nice pottery for it so it wouldn't be a 3.99 gift.."

Now all my friends have been buying plants and nice pottery for them - including me, as I bought a tiny plant and set it up in a nice Iittala Design "Origo" coffee cup for my mother. The good part about it is they usually can't really ignore the gift as they have to keep watering it and so on.
  17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    A cuddly-wuddly teddy bear and some chocolates.
  18. I'm a girl and I'm probably a big exception to the rule. (Last year I got a combo amp from the bf, this year I think a little mp3 player). I like practical stuff. And anything music related.

So whatever she's into, get something like that. If she's really into a band, get a couple DVDs or CDs, if she's really into scrapbooking, get her scrap book stuff or a gift card to a scrapbooking store, etc.

Get her something she would buy herself/something she would like to buy her self but won't (because she's got bills to pay).

And despite liking the more practical stuff, I've never been disappointed with shiny, sparkly jewelry. :smug: (I know you want to avoid jewelry due to the level of your relationship. I think less expensive jewelry doesn't scream "let's get married tomorrow!" but shows you care. And guys- if you're SO always wears silver jewelry, don't buy her something gold, or vice versa).

Good luck
  19. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I think I'm gonna get her a watch...

like... a Fossil.

they make good stuff.