Another Which bass would you buy thread...In Australia

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Moreau, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Moreau

Jan 3, 2006
    So I am travelling and need a bass, I shoulda got one before I left and saved some pennies, or brought mine along, but here goes... I have the choice of a few basses, as I have set a 400 AUD price cap on my spending, and come down to these.

1) SX SVJB62 Jazz Bass - The one with rosewood fingerboard and the big metal ashtrays for 340+25 Shipping AUD - I know it aint cheap but rondo is a little far away.

2) Yamaha RBX 170 - P/J pickups and 24 frets. 340 AUD

3) ESP - LTD B-50 - P/J pickups and 24 frets as well. Agathis body - 394 AUD

4) Cort Action 4 String - P/J pickups and 24 frets - 340AUD

Im not sure what else is in that price range down here, some Squier basses, Ashton basses and some other Chinese made basses. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have read reviews and am not really able to get a clear winner out of the bunch, other than all the good things I hear about SX basses.

2. Hey. I Live in australia myself. For between 300-400 AUD you can get yourself a great squire Jazz. I've had one for a while, great basses. Especially for the price. If I where you I'd go for that.
  3. If there's something better than the RBX170 in that range here in Australia, I haven't found it.
    I got one as my first bass and a year and a half later and with a few other basses that have come and gone, I've still held onto it. There's also another Aussie bassist here on TB that stands by his RBX170.

On another note, if you're set on getting an SX bass, MelMusic sells them on their site and also through Ebay if you're interested (although I've heard that they are of lower quality than the Rondo ones though)
  4. Moreau

Jan 3, 2006
    Thanks. Anyone else have any suggestions?
  5. A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    The Yamaha.
    If you're a bit patient you'll snaffle a better deal secondhand on ebay Aus for a Yammie though.
  6. i'd go yamaha outta that bunch