1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another Year Gone, anything better on the mobile front yet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by llamalor2112, May 12, 2010.

1. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Banned

Sep 18, 2007
    I have always wanted to be able to find a good option for a portable, battery operated bass amp. Do I have rediculous, unrealistic expectations? No. However it seems that the Crate Taxi for bass is the best option.

Really? I've seen so few try this concept and none have really outdone themselves. I've tried the PJ Briefcase, but the thing was so quiet and thin compared to the Taxi that it was no competition.

I have a RX cube but I want something that can keep up with any combination of two guitars (clean and acoustic), two ukes, or a trumpet, 'bone, and maybe a snare/hihat combo on a street corner venue. Isn't there anything new?

I've thought about using a Shuttle 3.0 8t with the additional 8" ext cab but how would I power it? That would be my preferred method but don't know how to go about doing it. Is there a suggested portable power suply of some sort?!

2. adube810

adube810

Mar 6, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    maybe get a small generator for it?

3. what would you consider portable. Weight and size? As battery technology gets better it will get there.

4. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Banned

Sep 18, 2007
    I think I've heard of a few guys running two amps simultaneously (like plugging into two seperate combos via a splitter) to achieve more volume. Maybe I could get a second Micro Bass Cube and create a small, battery powered stack? That would give a little bit of a boost in both percieved volume and bass, correct? I wonder if I could get a 4X Micro RX mini wall of terror type thing going?