Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

another zoom 708 complaint

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Fishbrain, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    how come some effects are louder than others??? you can't hear it untill you play along with a CD or band, it is a truly useless pedal, any idea how i can fix it b4 i buy single pedals?

2. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Hmm,
    Try turning up the patch level on the quieter ones!

3. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    how?

4. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Hi,
    Press the "Edit" key (while you are in the patch you want to change) "PATLVL" should come up on the led's - then just press > for up or < for down

5. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    thanx

6. I suggest you read the manual before you start playing with these complicated toys :D

This is a severe case of RTFM: Read The Freakin' Manual.

Sarcasm intended. No offense.

7. C'mon, Joris, us Techy blokes know that reading the book is the very last thing you do....;)

:D Errr, just thought that some silly quip might be suitable for my 300th post:D

8. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    ahh but I have read the manual and there is a way to restore factory settings if I do mess up so put that in your half pipe and smoke it!

:cool:

9. I don't like Zoom at all, I think Digitech make much better effects.

10. I don't like Zoom either, but do Digitech make an equivalent multi-effects processor to the 708? If they do, none of my local music shops stock it.

11. Well.. the music123.com descriptions are pretty close on the "Digitech BP8" but that is $379.99 which is far more then the Zoom.. dunno, never played one, couldn't tell ya, just know that they are supposedly the same kind of thing, according to music123.com

12. Do you have some pot to go with that? :D
    I beg to differ :)