1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anothor photo of Chris Squire's 3 neck bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Richland123, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Another photo of Chris Squire's 3 neck bass

squackett5.jpg

2. guroove

guroove

Oct 13, 2009
    Buffalo, NY
    Actually, it looks like it has 6 strings in 3 courses. Kind of like the South American instrument, the tres.

3. guroove

guroove

Oct 13, 2009
    Buffalo, NY
  4. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

Too Wild - I would not want to carry that for very long!

5. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    No, you wouldn't. I've got one of the Jonas Hellborg solid walnut bodied Wal double necks and it weighs 19+ lbs. :eek:

6. woodyng

woodyng

Dec 19, 2007
    Oregon coast
    Well,Chris is a big guy,and on average he only has to carry that bass about 15-18 minutes when the band is performing the song "awaken".
    ;)

7. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Awaken.. a true masterpiece and the best track off
    1977's "Going For The One". I've seen him play that bass on this song in the past too.

5StringBlues likes this.
  8. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    I saw the real Wal triple neckback when Roger Newell played it with Rick Wakeman, who IIRC was the "owner of the lonely bass". :D I saw Roger in winter 1975 during Rick's King Arthur tour; I was right at the edge of the low stage in front of Roger the whole time. :bassist: What a sight to see, and hear, that bass back then.

5StringBlues likes this.
  9. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
  10. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    Agreed. I think this is just a prop for showmanship. I didn't see a true need for it.

11. Come on, guys, it's Yes. That top neck looks like it's made for a six-string, but he has three bass strings on it.

No, I didn't see him touch it. But it looks cool, right? Just think of the five-blade razors they're telling us we need now. As the mock ad on the very first episode of Saturday Night Live voiced-over: "because you'll believe anything." (find it on Netflix)

12. He's playing it in the middle part,during the harp/keyboard duet.

Edit: You can hear it come in at 8:46 in the part 1 link.

13. Hold on- did YOU just give ME a completely serious & appropriate answer to a fairly legit question? EGADS

5StringBlues likes this.
  14. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    And he's playing with his fingers in that pic in the OP as well :)

15. Shocking,yes?

All these clips of the Union tour are very dark for the harp/keys interlude. There is a clip on Youtube of them playing an outdoor show in the daylight. I'll find that and post it here for you.

BOOBIES!

16. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    It's Chris SQUIER !!!! oh no...wait :bag:

17. Tho Chris has chosen to face his amp in this clip,you can see him playing the top neck at 3:39 and 4:19.

Yes,I am a bit of a YEShole.......