Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anouther Avatar fan

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by number three, Jul 1, 2003.

1. number three

number three

Aug 29, 2002
    Just rec. my avatar 212. Finaly get to use my carver pm900 power amp (its been sitting here for almost a year while I spend cab money on frivolus things like bills). Only one word comes to my mind. Smooth. Sooo smooth. I think I would be pretty easily impressed by just about anything though, having only played through Peaveys my whole life. But man! I almost fell over from how much better the sound. I still can't get over it.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    see, that's why i don't like peavey stuff. You can get better stuff somewhere else, it just takes a bit of looking.

3. yeah Avatar makes good cabs. My CB115 gets pretty loud without bottoming out. When it does bottom out It's really only on notes below a D on my B string. But for what Im playing the cab is a perfect standalone for jazz gigs. Good for upright also. I'm eventually going to add another Avatar cab. Im happy, and this is his cheapest most basic cab so its safe to bet the rest of the stuff will be better than this. First I need to get a fretless warmoth neck for my jazz bass to put that bass back to use as there's nothign but deadspots on the current neck, get my own upright, add a cab, most likely get a different amp that's more powerful. blah...