1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

anthem, rush (not a video)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dave_p, Dec 23, 2006.

1. dave_p

dave_p

Dec 20, 2005
    CT
    after seeing the anthem video posted here recently i have had that song stuck in my head again. ive liked the song for 30 years now, and it just finally dawned on me today that that song is about AYN RAND'S ANTHEM, a short novella about a collective society and two humans who break free from it. i read it years ago in a philosophy class and i never made the connection till today. man, am i a little slow or is this common Knowledge?

to give a little background, my last epiphany was when i realized that the nursery (landscape, not baby)across the street was named casa verde, and after years finally realized that that is 'green house' in spanish. i guess i am slow.

2. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Yes, Neil Peart's obsession with Ayn Rand is pretty well known among Rush fans. The Trees and 2112 are also inspired by her writing.

Graeme