Anthony Jackson on "For the Love of Money"

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by refinedbass, Jun 19, 2003.

1. I want to find the tabs for this song b/c it is an awesome bassline but I can't find it anywhere. Can somebody help me out???
  2. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I think there's an old thread on this. Effects are used, but if memory serves, there are only 2 or 3 notes in it. I seem to remember it being in C, and starting with an octave. Sorry, can't remember much else, and my bass is not in front of me right now.
  3. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I remember it being in D. It starts on the A string D (first D), and then its the octave up D, then C then B, then slide back to the octave up D, rinse repeat, and there ya go! Good luck!
  4. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Ah. See, I was wrong.
  5. Jiles

Jiles Banned

Nov 28, 2001
    The town drunk in my town is named Anthony Jackson. I doubt they are the same person
  6. B?

I thought it went D, octave, Db, C
  7. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    *scratch head* I played it by ear... thats the way I've always played it.
  8. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I've always done open string D, octave D at the 12th fret, and C on the 10th fret. Aside from the new Steely Dan songs we do, it's the only tune I absolutely gotta use a pick for.

Dec 13, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Don't forget the Phase 90!
  10. obimark

Sep 1, 2011
    Bass PLayer had it in a back issue- you need a pick, lots of dead notes, and it is in D-Mixolydian I beleive...