Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anthrax Sell Tickets, Not CDs

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Sep 29, 2005.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    <p>The reunion of the "classic" Anthrax lineup of singer Joey Belladonna, guitarists Scott Ian and Dan Spitz, bassist <b>Frank Bello</b> and drummer Charlie Benante appears to be generating little heat in terms of retail sales. <a href="http://www.antimusic.com/dayinrock/05/sep/29/20.shtml">Read more.</a></p>

2. I was a huge fan of "State of Euphoria" and "Among the Living." These guys sounded like they were having a lot of fun and, at the time, it was great music to push carts to with my trusty walk-man (suck ass job at Acme as a youth).

When I was going to see these guys open for Iron Maiden, I was really hoping to see these guys whail. Boy, what a let down. They seemed more intent on jumping around clapping their hands over their heads, trying to get the already crazy crowd into them, rather than playing their instruments. And what a BIGGER let down was watching the bassist fudge the "bass solo/fill" in their, then single "Got the time?". All I remember was 1 long slide up the neck and then constant popping on 1 note.

LAME!! :scowl:

R.I.P. Anthrax - I'll always cherish my memories before I saw you play live.