Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anthrax: "The Greater of Two Evils"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Nino Valenti, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    [​IMG]

AWESOME!!!!!! This is a best of album of Turbin/Belladonna era (the 2 evils. :)) Anthrax songs picked by the fans & re-recorded with John Bush.

AWESOME!!!!! I bought it yesterday & I've listened to it about 5 times already.

Did I say it was AWESOME? :bassist:

More info at http://www.anthrax.com/html/ANTHRAX_2Evils.htm

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Good. John Bush is the better vocalist, IMHO. At one time, I heard one of the band members muse that some of their fans thought it was all over with Bush, and he'll never be a Belladonna...meanwhile, he's been in the band longer than Joey ever was, and in my opinion, put out superior tunes.

We've Come For You All is like the textbook definition of thrash.

3. I liked the earlier vocalist better, since it had more of a hardcore punk vibe to it.

Just my own personal preference.

Note: I'm not a huge anthrax fan, but I do like them every now and then

4. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Bump. :)

5. Cool! Now that is an album I need to hear! Thanks Nino! I've been a huge Anthrax fan for a while in the early nineties. :bassist:

6. One of the drummers I play with opened for Belladonna playing a 'solo' show here a couple months ago. He was singing and playing drums at the same time, basically doing Anthrax covers with session guys. I hear next to nobody showed up, but that Belladonna is a really nice guy.

7. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
  8. By the way, does anyone know why and when Frank Bello left? Is Joey Vera his permanent replacement?

9. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    I have no idea. I found out by looking at a Bass Player & seeing a Fender ad stating Frank was in Helmet. :(

I've looked around & haven't seen any real info about it. Frank is one of my biggest influenced.

10. Same here. I saw on Anthrax site that Vera's replacing him. He's a kickass bassist.

11. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Thanks for the head up Nino! I didn't realize this album was out yet but I just bought it off of iTunes. Sounds great even though they didn't redo my favorite song of theirs, "In My World," its still cool.

12. chunkysoup

chunkysoup

May 12, 2004
    I think Bello leaving is a temp thing. There was an interview with John Bush, I guess he made it sound temporary.

13. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    Ok, I listened to some of the tracks. And well, it just sounds like any old band covering it.

Then again, I've never been a Bush era Anthrax fan either. I'll stick to the original versions of those songs. :)

Troll

14. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I liked the originals, but I think JB is a grweat vocalist for this band, so I'm going to pick this up.