Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by By-Tor, Jul 31, 2003.

1. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Just got back from an autograph signing session with Anthrax. Had an Anthrax CD signed.

Pretty cool.

Thought I'd share.
  2. Tim Blount

Tim Blount

Jul 27, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    havent heard much anthrax, any songs or cds you suggest listening to?
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I hope that your doctor has you on an antibiotic regimen.
  4. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    "I don't feel so good"
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

6. lovely

Jun 13, 2003
    Phoenix, Az.
    Among the Living. Just about one of the best Metal albums ever. My Opinion,

7. odie

odie Supporting Member

I heard their newest is supposed to be pretty good.
  8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Any album is good, but the ones with John Bush are essential, from Sound of White Noise to their newest.
    We've Come For You All is one of this year's faves so far.

My favorite metal band.
  9. Hmmm, I don't like it much at all. An average cd at best.

I'll second the vote that Among The Living is the best. Anything before that album is fantastic, everything after is ok.
  10. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    My favorite is probably State of Euphoria.
    P.O.T. is another that I really liked.

I haven't heard much Anthrax lately (haven't bought an Anthrax album since Sound of White Noise) But after reading this thread, I think I'll pick up the new album. This thread has done it's job...and congrats on the autographed CD - that's cool.:bassist:
  11. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Just cool guys with a backbone...

12. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    "Among The Living....follow me or die...Among, among"..(Etc)..

This is when Metal was at it's best....

I picked up the new album, though I didn't like the last few with Bush on vocals...I really like We've come for you all. Charlie's drums are just amazing.
  13. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Haven't heard all of their stuff, but I really like State of Euphoria and Sound of White Noise.

Almost wore those two [cassettes] out...

Anyone into S.O.D.'s stuff? I think they are quite good - I dig "parody metal"...
  14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i really liked presistence of time - i had that and rust in peace in my cd changer when they came out for about a year.
  15. What anthrax album would you recomend for someone who doesn't listen to metal very much anymore?
  16. lovely

Jun 13, 2003
    Phoenix, Az.
    Regarding the S.O.D. mention; I Love 'em. "Speak English or Die!" Is great, but it has to be taken as a parody. I think the shortest "song" is 2 seconds and the longest is 2 minutes. Save yourself the money and buy "Live at Budokahn" (I hope I spelled that right). It is the aforementioned album live w/ covers and Billy Milano's standup thrown in. I Saw S.O.D. live in Phoenix a few years ago. In a dump called the Mason Jar. The place only held about 100 people. I stood right next to Scott and Charlie. I also saw Anthrax at a place called Gibsons. I stood on a balcony that was literally 4 feet above them. I can tell you first hand; Anthrax or S.O.D., these guys play thier butts off and everything they have goes into the gig. Charlie is definitely one of my favorite drummers because of that. Thanks for letting me ramble.

17. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2015
    mid-West VA
    I'm not a very nice person, deep deep down.