Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anti-Owners?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bassmouse85, Jul 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bassmouse85

Bassmouse85

Jul 10, 2000
    Who is with me on this Anti-Ibanez thing. If not then what bass brand do you....(put lightly)..not care for?

2. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Mouse85, why do you want to start an anti Ibanez campaign? Esp. when we have no clue what you play??? Do you have a grudge against them from prior experiences? I may not care that much for them, even though I own one, but I wouldn't go bad mouthing something that might offend other Ibanez users here on the board.

3. Bassmouse85

Bassmouse85

Jul 10, 2000
    I play a Fender 1962 US vintage Jazz bass. And a Fender American Delux P-bass. I had no itention of offending anyone..I just wanted to sture up some controversy. Now you have the facts. Respond please

4. Fill out your profile ya slacker

5. Notice what I own? Don't bad mouth my basses!! I like them, and prefer them over Fender any day. Have a nice day [​IMG]

------------------
    YODA! He's a small muppet man! YODA! He can pick up your can! YODA! He has a small little stoop! But he smells like a pile of green goop! hey! hey! hey! We're making fun of Y! O! D! A! We're making fun of Y! O! D! A! A!---My six campers in a fit of boredom, sung like YMCA.

6. Biski2Dope

Biski2Dope

Mar 26, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bassmouse85:
    I had no itention of offending anyone..I just wanted to sture up some controversy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, well...can't have one without the other...

But anyway, i really, REALLY reccomend not getting these guys mad. You're very welcome here, but hey...might not wanna pyss off the natives..

------------------
    I am rubber, you are glue. Whatever you say i will store in a little box just in case i need to shove it down your throat at any given moment.

7. msaygilar

msaygilar Guest

Apr 18, 2000
    Istanbul
    Man, I wish I had a Ibanez bass..

------------------
    The Only Mask I Wear is the One I was Born With..

8. Biski2Dope

Biski2Dope

Mar 26, 2000
    Well, buy yourself a GSR...friendly price. I hear the 200's play somewhat nicely, too.

------------------
    I am rubber, you are glue. Whatever you say i will store in a little box just in case i need to shove it down your throat at any given moment.

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Ok, Mouse, you talk about how bad my Ibanez 506 sucks and I'll talk about how Fender cannot make a good 5 string, except for the Roscoe Beck.. every Fender 5 I've played, Squier, MIM, MIA or MIA Deluxe has a floppy B string, a bowed neck and a weak sounding B string.. OTOH, even the crappiest Ibanez 5 made, even though they have LOUSY pickups, has a better B than ANY Fender I've ever played EXCEPT the Roscoe Beck model..

The low B on my Ibanez 6 blows away ANY Fender 5 except the RB, and it's damn close to that one.. do I like it as much as my Pedulla? No, but not even the Roscoe Beck can touch THAT B string..

It's a shame the company that invented(actually, Leo did!) the bass cannot make more than 1 good 5 string, and NO 6/7/8s..

Leo, OTOH, made a pretty decent 5 at G&L before he died.. L2500, I like that one almost as much as my Rapture..

------------------
    the fabric of reality is woven from the threads of our dreams...
    bill longshort

10. bassphreakz

bassphreakz

Mar 19, 2000
    Before you start a small riot, most people on TB aren't very fond of Fender basses (including me). Ibanez is a good bass depending on what you play. Every bassist likes a different tone. Be respectful of what other people play. Also, not everyone can afford an $8000 bass like you have.

------------------
    "Reality is an excuse for people who can't deal with drugs."

11. I'm anti-anti-owners.

12. JLeeFJ

JLeeFJ

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm willing to play on basically anything, but I just like the feel of a Fender. Granted, they aren't the most awesome basses on the market, but I certainly don't need a hugely fancy, expensive bass. However, the other bass I like is the new Cort 6-string Curbow. Really comfortable, nice sound, and almost cheap. But, that's just me.

------------------
    "We told you before, but you didn't hear us then. So, you still question why! You didn't listen again!" -Rush

13. oo0o00o0oo

oo0o00o0oo

Apr 30, 2000
    Chicago
    I have an Ibanez bass, I think it's great. And not just for the money either, I think it is a good overall bass. Sure companies like Pedulla and Warwick make more expensive basses, some of which I like better than my bass, but I really have no complaints about my Ibanez.

14. the region

the region

Apr 27, 2000
    Embellisher! Comparing Fender and I****z is like a ´61 Dodge Phoenix vs a ´93 Suzuki Swift. (Fender being the Dodge of course...)

------------------
    If you like to gamble, I tell you I´m your man

15. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bassmouse85:
    Now you have the facts. Respond please<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You still never said what you have against them. So I guess I don't have the facts. I personally don't have any problem with either bass.

16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I nominate this thread for "Silliest Thread Imaginable." For crying out loud, if you think a particular brand of bass sucks, don't buy one. The Fender-haters are a total crack-up. Fender basses are played on more recordings than any other brand. Maybe more than all other brands combined, who knows? Virtually every pro bass player has at least one Fender in his arsenal. As for Ibanez, I've seen some mighty nice ones lately, and I'm sure their sound is usable in the pro arena. From what I can see, it looks like they're shooting for the teen market by getting endorsers like Fieldy to play 'em. This means that they have to hold the price point down so that their target market can afford the product. If you want a high-end bass, you're not going to end up with an Ibanez, most likely. So what? SOMEBODY out there likes 'em. That's what keeps them in business.

What is accomplished by ranking on a particular brand of bass? Why don't you tell us why you just LOVE the brand you use (which, by the way, is not universally loved by all, no matter which brand it is).

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm definitely not a Fender hater, their 4 strings are great, I just happen to think that they only make 1 good 5 string, and that's the Roscoe Beck model.

I own an Ibanez 6, a Pedulla 5, a Fender 4, a Peavey 4 and a Westone 4, so I definitely think all of those companies make good basses..

Matter fo fact, I don't think that ANY one brand sucks, people who do are pretty narrow minded IMHO..

I could say Warwick sucks because they don't make a model under $2000 that I like, but I have played their Streamer Stage I and II, and these are awesome basses, albeit very good ripoffs of US Spectors [​IMG]

------------------
    the fabric of reality is woven from the threads of our dreams...
    bill longshort

18. gmstudio99

gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bassphreakz:
    Before you start a small riot, most people on TB aren't very fond of Fender basses (including me)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Most" people? Huh...interesting.

I second the nomination for "Silliest Thread"...I'm just relieved it's not up in "Basses"...(Don't even think about it, biskibabe! [​IMG] )

-GM

19. Biski2Dope

Biski2Dope

Mar 26, 2000
    Hehehehehehee...i'm tempted to move it now...i mean, it IS talking about basses...and...well...hm...this is off-topic...but...oh jeez, what to do? You sure ya don't want this insane thread, GM? I'm sure the basses section dwellers would LOVE it!

Maybe i'll give it to Wheel.

Or both.

Actually, i'll just keep here, seeing as it did incite a riot. Yay.

------------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.