Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anticipation of a new Benavente...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jobu3, May 6, 2004.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Just sent my down payment to our very own Mr. Barrett. :hyper:

I've ordered a B-style, SC-5 fretless with buckeye top and headstock, mahogany body, ebony unlined fretboard, Benavente pickups and preamp, and a piezo bridge system. I'm going to go with wooden p-up covers and knobs but will wait to see what and where once the bass starts to come together. Needless to say, I am very excited and this is going to be a very tough six months or so... :eek: I can't wait for the first progress pix (probably not for a while considering I just mailed payment today)! :help: :cool:

This is my gift to myself before the next major purchase which will be:
    [​IMG]

2. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Cool:) hope she says YES:D

Or he;)

3. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Thanks, I think she might... :smug:

4. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats on the new Bennie. Pretty soon you'll be able to post one of those "family photo" threads with all of your various Benaventes all spread out on a couch, or something! :D Keep up posted...

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    congrats and CONGRATS!!!

:bassist:

6. pitbill

pitbill

Mar 27, 2003
    Bluefield, WV
    Congrats Joe! Hope all turns out well for you in both departments! Keep us updated on how they go.

I feel your pain with the anticipation of the new Bennie. I placed an order a few months ago with Brian for a new SC J/B combination body style neck/thru; and the wait is definitely a long, finger nail biting experience. But hey... isn't that part of the fun of a custom order? ;)

To help ease the pain of the wait, Brian and myself have been trying to photoshop some approximated pics of the way it may turn out when completed with the Buckeye top I chose. Like you, I went with an ebony fretboard and mahogany body. For a little twist I chose a Mesquite Burl back, can't wait to see how that turns out. Here's what he came up with for me:

[​IMG]

7. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Joe

Congrats on finding a little lady, so when do you pop the question ..................

8. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    pitibill,
    That bass is sweet!!! Chris really does some sick work! :eek:

Brian,
    Probably around the holidays... :smug:

My photo-shopped bass a'la Brian:

9. pitbill

pitbill

Mar 27, 2003
    Bluefield, WV
    That one will be awesome Joe, looks like we have very similar tastes in Bennies! Too bad both of our photo's are only digital cutouts of what's to come though! I think Brian's wood top photos in his photo shop pics are a little nicer than the photo's on his "Wood Tops" page on his site, you can see the burl much better in these photos. Gives a much better idea of how they may turn out. He's got so many nice tops to pick from there, it was hard for me to make a decision. :eek: