Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Antipop Consortium

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Vorago, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Any fans here? Their record "Arrhythmia" has been spinning in my diskman for the last 2 days straight! I'd label them "experimental hiphop" (or avant-hop as I heard someone call it), if you like Aesop Rocks and stuff like that, you should check this out. Some very nice producing on this record ("Ping-Pong"), combined with amazing Mc's who use their rhymes as an instrument fitting the music as well as a way to bring over their message. Very good stuff!

I'm not sure about their current status, they still have a website on Warp (their label, should give you a hint ;) ), but they seem to be on non-active.

Thoughts?

2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I could never get into Antipop, I knew they were good, but they weren't my thing.

They're broken up now/on hiatus and doing solo projects. Beans is the most active of them all I think, he has a couple of solo albums out which you might like. His newest one has some dope tracks on it.