1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Antipop Consortium

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Vorago, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Any fans here? Their record "Arrhythmia" has been spinning in my diskman for the last 2 days straight! I'd label them "experimental hiphop" (or avant-hop as I heard someone call it), if you like Aesop Rocks and stuff like that, you should check this out. Some very nice producing on this record ("Ping-Pong"), combined with amazing Mc's who use their rhymes as an instrument fitting the music as well as a way to bring over their message. Very good stuff!

I'm not sure about their current status, they still have a website on Warp (their label, should give you a hint ;) ), but they seem to be on non-active.

Thoughts?

2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I could never get into Antipop, I knew they were good, but they weren't my thing.

They're broken up now/on hiatus and doing solo projects. Beans is the most active of them all I think, he has a couple of solo albums out which you might like. His newest one has some dope tracks on it.