1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Antiquity II connections

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by J_Bass, Feb 23, 2008.

1. J_Bass

J_Bass

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    Hi,
    I want to install a pair of Seymour Duncan Antiquity II pickups in my Hamer Cruise.
    But the wiring on the bass is different (very different) than the schematics that came with the pickups.
    Should i replace all the wiring and connect exactly like the schematics (Jazz Bass connections), or should i just connect the pickups like the old ones?

By the way, is silver soldering wire good for the job?

How do i remove the old solder?

Thanks for the help.

2. do the stock pickups in the cruise have 2 wires each, like a black and a white? then you can hook up the antiquity the same way the stock wires go. If they have more wires they are probably actives and antiquity pickups may not work....

silver solder is fine but harder to use than regular lead solder, because it cools quickly and therefore more difficult to use for a beginner.

you remove old solder by heating it and using either a pump or desoldering braid to suck it up.

3. J_Bass

J_Bass

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    Thanks!
    I´ve already put the new pickups and strings and it sonds great!