1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Anton Schroetter 60s ply

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Lucky Beall, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Lucky Beall

Lucky Beall Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Lexington SC
    Price:
    $1500
    Strings:
    IMG_0366.JPG I've had this bass for about 7 years and am selling it because I can't play it and also play a King Mortone that has a much longer mensure without getting totally lost. This is a good laminate bass and sounds great. There are no issues with this bass. I had some work done at the bass shop in Greenville, SC about 3 years ago that included glueing down the finger board and planing it, injecting some glue into a hairline crack on the neck (very hard to see in the pics and was never an issue but better safe then sorry) and replacing the end pin assembly and replacing the tail gut. It's wearing a wound gut on the E and plain guts on the rest. There are 3 chips on the back that do not extend past the purfling. The photos show the chips. Any Questions are welcome.
    IMG_0372.JPG IMG_0372.JPG IMG_0372.JPG IMG_0381.JPG IMG_0379.JPG IMG_0378.JPG IMG_0372.JPG IMG_0368.JPG IMG_0367.JPG IMG_0366.JPG IMG_0367.JPG IMG_0368.JPG IMG_0372.JPG IMG_0378.JPG IMG_0379.JPG IMG_0381.JPG IMG_0365.JPG IMG_0365.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    dan1952 likes this.
  2. One of these was my first bass. Made by Hofner, quite sturdy, not a ton of projection but made for a great amplified-gig bass.

Lucky Beall and dan1952 like this.
  3. dan1952

dan1952 Commercial User

Jun 27, 2012
    Anderson IN
    Artist Endorsement with Supro Huntington Basses / Owner, Dan's Music, Inc..
    I have one of these exact basses. @KUNGfuSHERIFF is exactly right. Not loud, but okay tone, and works great with a pickup!
    The jazz great Major Holley used one of these for years.

Lucky Beall and KUNGfuSHERIFF like this.
  4. AGCurry

AGCurry Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2005
    St. Louis
    I paid $800 for a new Anton Schroetter in 1975. The luthier I bought it from said "Yeah, you could get an old Kay, but the Schroetter is better."

5. dan1952

dan1952 Commercial User

Jun 27, 2012
    Anderson IN
    Artist Endorsement with Supro Huntington Basses / Owner, Dan's Music, Inc..
    I've had a late 30's Kay C-1 and a 50's M-1, and the Schroetter is a lot better bass in all respects.

Lucky Beall likes this.
  6. Lucky Beall

Lucky Beall Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Lexington SC
    This has been my experience as well. Never had feedback issues except for one joint where the guitar player, harp player and myself were all blockaded by a glass block wall to the front and doors to the back and no matter what the volume it was a cluster. My favorite venue.