1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

antoniotsai basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by catoblepas, Aug 14, 2007.

1. catoblepas

catoblepas

Jun 26, 2007
    manhattan
    i saw one for sale fairly cheap and it's pretty and i like it.

how do they play?

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    If you do a search here on his name, you'll find a few threads by people who have bought his stuff.

3. mystichaze

mystichaze

Jun 15, 2007
    Pitcairn, PA
    This kind of crap really makes me angry if you're not gonna be helpful to somebody then don't bother posting the "do a search post"! :scowl:

4. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    heh? How is 'do a search for Antoniotsai' not helpful? It's not like 'Do a search for Fender'. There are indeed people who bought them and have posted about them in the past, takes a minute to look for them, while waiting for new replies.

5. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    Okay, while you're off being angry (???), I've actually followed Bongomania's advice. Look what turned up:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/search.php?searchid=5216972
    So tell us, are you angry because his post wasn't helpful or because you're too dumb to do a search?

6. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Knowing that there have been previous threads about the brand in question and telling them to do a search on it is more helpful than not letting them know at all. :meh:

7. mystichaze

mystichaze

Jun 15, 2007
    Pitcairn, PA
    I think the question was how do Antoniotsai basses play... not where there ever any other posts about Antoniotsai on this forum. So in that case he didn't answer the question at all...

8. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    There are bound to be comments about how the bass plays in previous threads.

9. mystichaze

mystichaze

Jun 15, 2007
    Pitcairn, PA
    I don't understand why on TalkBass if a question has ever been asked before it seems to be against some unwritten law to ask it again... and actually expect an actual answer to the question instead of someone telling you to do a search.

10. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    Okay...lets wait a few days and wait for the players of these basses to repeat themselves...again.

11. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Dude do you expect bongo to read up on the whole brand, tell them their mission statement and how they play, what woods they use and what rig they sound good through? Come on man, the OP can do some research of his own if he is interested. I'm gonna leave it there before this thread gets closed. :meh:

12. mystichaze

mystichaze

Jun 15, 2007
    Pitcairn, PA
    No I don't but If he is not going to then I don't see any reason for him to post saying for the other person to... And if he has no experience playing an Antoniotsai then why does he have to post a reply...

13. The bottom line is...

In the 2 1/2 hours since this thread was started, there is still not one post directly giving information on how those basses play.

In that time, and probably less than 10% of it, every thread in a search, which for me yielded 3 pages of threads, could have been read. Including another beaut starting another thread on practically the same question, just an hour and a half after this one was started. Considering a search word is highlighted, it's very simple to sift through all the thread until you get to the relevant information you're looking for.

Walnut

14. mystichaze

mystichaze

Jun 15, 2007
    Pitcairn, PA
    I was angry because his post wasn't helpful. I'm definitely not too dumb to do a search... At least I'm not a dick.

15. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass

why clutter the forum with redundant data?? if its already been asked then id be faster to just search and not waste time typing up a post and waiting for an answer. its better to help someone get in the habit of using the search rather then hope they catch on. they'll most likely get more info from previous threads rather then trying to ask it again.

just look what would happen if people made single threads for things like sx basses..

16. Right!!!!!! I have one !
    Terrible neck dive, the body is way too light to even attempt to balance the neck, the strap point is at the 17th fret.
    I put a set of barts into it and it sounds great but it weighs so much (the neck alone) that I can only play it for half a gig before my shoulder gives in. I'm 6ft and 200 plus pounds. I'm going to hang it on the wall as an art workI think and put the barts in to something else.

17. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    Yes, no dick. You just enjoy taking your teen angst out on someone who's, whether you understand it or not, is being helpful to the OP. You're angry because Bongomania posted (in your mind) an irrelevant post. Isn't that what you did yourself? Are you still angry?

18. mystichaze

mystichaze

Jun 15, 2007
    Pitcairn, PA
    .....No :bag: I think I just didn't get any sleep and I didn't really think too much before I posted that and then all the sudden there where a ton of posts insulting me... Now that I reread that I realize how harsh my original post sounded.

P.S. I'm not stupid *******... :spit:

19. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    Either there is a comma missing or a 'not' too many in that sentence. :p

20. mystichaze

mystichaze

Jun 15, 2007
    Pitcairn, PA
    Yeah... I'm just tired okay!