1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anvil Movie, (documentary on a band that should but never made it)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by KingCrimson, Mar 24, 2009.

1. KingCrimson

KingCrimson

Oct 6, 2008
    This looks really cool, anybody heard of this band? I'm a canuck and ive heard about em bout a year ago, so proud to see one of my influences getting some well deserved recognition.

March Of the Crabs FTW

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    LOL is this real??? i'd like to see it.

3. KingCrimson

KingCrimson

Oct 6, 2008
  4. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    any idea when this gets released?

5. Dertygen

Dertygen

Dec 21, 2008
    A-Town, Colorado
    Any sources besides Wiki?

Also that page was only created in Arpil 2008... when the movie was being developed. Highly suspect.

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    google the movie itself.. they have a website

7. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Check Sam Dunn's Metal: A Headbanger's Journey DVD. There are some deleted scenes with one of the dudes from Anvil.

Also, there was a piece about them in a Canadian magazine a while ago... just google it.

8. Yes I have heard of the band. They are from back in the day. They influenced a lot of people and paid their dues but never GOT their due. That seems about to change. The maker of the movie was on Eddie Trunk Live on XM radio last night and he said this movie seems ready to explode. The response they are getting is enormous. They are already booked for Jimmy Kimmel on May 14th I think. Might want to check the date.

Metal on Metal man!

9. not bad for a forgotten/never was band from the early 80s to have a movie made about them. i wonder who is in the movie because if i remember right they went through alot of people.