Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anvil Racks, question about rear panel

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ThePaste, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Hi guys, I am planning on trading in my piece of crap rack for an Anvil. It's pretty old, but it's extremely solid, I don't think the age has weakened it except for small scratches on the metal.

Anyways, on the rear cover panel, there are holes for cables to go through, I am guessing. Are these hole on ALL Anvils, or was it someone just putting those holes there themselves as a mod?

Thanks in advance.

2. *bump*

Anyone?

3. All the Anvil rack cases I have seen don't have holes in the rear cover. Could be a mod. Does Anvil have a website?

4. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Not to sound argumentative but... why do you have holes in in your rack? Why not just remove the back cover, its what i do. I would think, and I could be wrong, but dont you have alot of heat build up without the back off?

Mike

5. It's not my rack. It's at the store. I am going to trade mine (no holes) for it. When I play, I take the back of the rack off, which is what I will do with the Anvil when I get it. I might put some type of grill or something over the holes so stuff doesn't get in there when I am moving it around.