Anvil shockmount racks....are they really that expen$ive!?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by djshawn47, Apr 16, 2004.

1. I just had a custom anvil shockmount 8 space rack with casters and locks...and its gonna cost me almost a grand! :crying:

Any one here, have a custom anvil shockmount case built...did yours cost 2 arms and a leg as well?????

I'm still having a hard time stomaching paying $1000 for a case, but its to protect and transport my Aguilar 728/680 combo.
  2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    There was an 8 or 10 space Mesa/Boogie shock rack on eBay yesterday for $300. May want to look into those. I believe a new 8-space is only $500, and depending on how the Aggies move air for ventilation, may be a better option.
  3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    For tube amps, I think that they are a worthy investment. Especially if you transport in rough-riding vehicles (i.e. Panel trucks and utility vans) or other people are handling your rack.
    Excessive vibrations + Tubes = Not a good thing. :crying:
  4. until.tomorrow

until.tomorrow Guest

May 5, 2003
    US - Milwaukee
    If you do go with a case company on E-bay look at their feedback. I went to buy one off of there and contacted a few old customers. They had nothing but bad things to say about the cases!!! One even said he could probably put his fist or foot through the side since it was so flimsily built!!!

I finally found a decent company and ordered an 8 Space (exactly to my spec) Since then I’ve downsized to a gator shallow 6 space for my GK.
  5. JohnThomasson

JohnThomasson Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa Boogie, DR Strings, Fender, Source Audio & Fishman
    I have a 6 space Jan-AL case I might sell if you haven't ordered that $1000 case. It has two inches of foam between the inside and outside layers. I bought it for my 680/728 combo. It doesn't have locks, but you can probably add that yourself. It is a beast of a case, but it is also some serious protection for those expensive amps. I did some major touring with it and it did a great job. PM me if you are interested. I would sell it cheap since I got a great deal on it new. My dealer sold it to me at cost because I was buying the Aguilar amps from him. The case is in great shape considering it has been all over North America. I have my DB 680 for sale, but I am going to keep the 728 for now.
  6. I had a couple of cases custom-made by the Calzone Case Company - I think I paid between $200 & $300 each for them, but they were for a pair of monitors that were worth more than a grand, but needed to be carted around (no grills for the speakers - quite fragile, especially in a rough environment). The cases are very well made, and come with a lifetime warranty, and provide much more protection than the original cardboard boxes.

Hope this helps -

- Wil
  7. I sure hope so for $300 each ;)
  8. prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    I have a 16-space Anvil shock mounted rack with casters that I will sell for $400.00!