Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anxiety for my bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Uforia, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Well guys, It is down to this one week and my lakland 5501 deluxe with a maple finger board, Chrom hardware,
    quilt maple top with a cherry sunburst finish will be payed for. Then it is just a mater of waiting for it to arrive from basscentral.
    Oh the anxiety of it's arrival is just impossible. I can't wait till it get's here.

Thanks alot to Gard for hooking me up and thanks to Beaver at basscentral for being patient with me and working with me on it.
    It took me a little longer to pay it off than I wanted due to unexspected finacial problems but it just a few days it will be all mine.:D

I will have pics of it up as soon as it arrives, for all to admire.:D

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Pre-congratz... I look forward to the pictures, and also your review!

3. OK, now we're all anxi--...anxitized:confused: . Not a word but to bad. Well we're waiting, there.:rolleyes:

4. Well guys made my final payment on the 5501. Said it would be here by the end of the week. I'll have pics of it up as soon as I can. But until then here is just a pic from the web site to give you a preview of what my will be like.

[​IMG]

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

You're a little tease, Wendy Testaberger... or are you Bébé? :D Hurry up with the *real* photos!

6. nope wrong wrong. I am Tonya or also known as Mrs. Embellisher.:D

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Hey, Bebe is a blonde...:p

8. I am neither of them. I am my own unique self. :D

9. Well guys here is the update. My very first bass of my very own the new lakland 5501 arrived last friday about 3 o'clock.
    Took some pics over the weekend of it to post. Then went to use my darn umax astra 200p scanner for the first time
    sence loading XP on my computer. My scanner will not work because it is not compatible with XP there is not a driver
    for the astra 2000p for XP not by Microsoft or Umax. So as soon as I can borrow a digital camera from one of our friends I will have some pics up.

So for now he is a small review of it. I had Jeff break it in for me at his gig that Friday night. It sounded good to me I loved it.
    The way it sound and the tone it gave. It was a bit heavier than I like but that just takes getting used to.
    Other than that it feels and plays good.

Altho Jeff likes it as well he said it is ok. He had a prob with the lakland strings that they were rough and tore up his fingers.

Well that is the low down on the lakland as I said I'll have some pics and sound bites up as soon a I can.

10. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    ...then she would understand chronic GAS pains. I like your new bass. I will have a Lakland soon.

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Gard must be stopped! :D
    Congrats on the bass. Gard is a cool guy to work with.

12. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Congrats.. you got a great bass.. don't let jeff play it too much.. he may not give it back ;)

13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    cool, can't wait to see the bass :D

14. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Congrats.:D

Keep us posted on how you like it after you have had it for awhile and had a little more time with it.

And get some pics posted!!:)

15. As soon as jeff remembers to ask his boss to borrow his digital camera. Iwill definitely post some pics.