1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any 1982 Fender gold Jazz bass info?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TylerlovesAva, May 11, 2006.

1. Moin' to all. I've been a member here for about a year now, but have only been active since last week. Guess now I have a legitimate question worth asking.

Two days ago I got to try an 82 'gold' jazz. I've done some searching, and all I know so far is they have a CBxxxxx serial number and have 22k gold plated hardware. I'd like to know more, like for how much one would typically sell (to compare it to what the dealer is selling it for), any flaws or irregularities associated with them, if they do have any collectability value at all, just any other additional info would be great.

Anyone here who has had an experience with them, or better yet, owns one? Thanks in advance.

2. Obelix

Obelix

Feb 23, 2006
    Bump for an old thread!!

A fellow in my hometown did offer me a Fender Jazz with gold finish and hardware and white knobs/pickguard. It's pretty heavy, I'll guess it's ash-body. S.n. CB xxxxx

Anyone have information on this one?

Regards

3. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    They are rare and very pricey for an eighties Fender.
    A TBer / FDPer had a refinished one for sale a few months back for $1300. I think the last clean one on ebay went for about $3000.

4. I saw a picture of a Gold Jazz bass with a maple board in my one Fender bass books - don't know the year of the instrument, but it was listed as a one-of-a-kind.

I'm sure it is possible for a few other gold jazz basses to be around. A gold jazz with gold hardware would be cool to have.

5. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    Here's mine, dots and binding, CB serial number. Neck date11-81. Great playing and sounding bass but heavy as all get out. Bought 12 of 06 on Ebay for $700 with a purple refin. I put it back to the stock color by matching the color in the control cavity and mixing the color at my shop on the Sikkens mixing bank. Sold on Ebay 4-07 for $899 on a BIN in about 20 mins.

Guess I should have asked more for it, but who knew an 11lb refin would be worth that much.