any 35" warwick 5 strings ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jarrod cunningham, Jul 8, 2008.

1. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    ok , ive looked here and the warwick page , but i for some reason thought that warwick made a corvette 5 in a 35 in scale . like the $$ or the taranis . but the warwick page just says available in 4 or 5 in 34" long scale ???? i have a standard and i wanted to trade for a 35 . so now im thinking of making some sort of spacer to reset my neck to try to get a little more length maybe 3/4 but hopefully a full inch ....... HELP !!!

2. Available as a custom option on bolt-on necks only.

3. WW offers 35 scales as a custom option, IIRC. Big bucks, I'd guess.
    Altering the placement of your 34" neck will throw the tuning utterly out the window. To go 35" you need a new neck(or figure out how to add the right length past the nut.

4. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    why past the nut ? i thought it was the distance between the bridge and the nut ..... yeah a warmoth neck would cure the problem ....

5. huh...i sweared my vette was a 35

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Same here, but the website says 34".

7. Bolt on 'vette available for about $200 more.

8. It's fairly complicated, & fairly simple at the same time. I'm not good at explaining it, but I strongly suggest you research heavily before you do anything irreversible. BTW I don't think Warmoth makes replacement necks for Warwick.

9. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    they dont make a exact replacement . there would have to be some alterations done to a les paul bass headstock to get close . im sure ill do nothing . but i would really like for my standards b string to feel like my spectors .... for some reason i thought the standard ash corvettes were 34 and the rest were 35 . dang the bass feels a little floppy compared to the spector . would changing the strings help any ? also , im tuned down half a step and it has a tapered wound b string now . would going with a full wound larger guage help ? also , has anyone else noticed the 500.00 price increase on m.f. on these ash standards ? i paid 949.99 and now they are 1449.99 !!!! dang it .