Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any 98 Cirrus owners?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Anyone know how to change the battery on these?

I think its hidden under the air intake somewhere near the...something.

Anyone change a battery in a late 90's Cirrus? Is it a pain in the arse? Would people at a car audio place have too much trouble swapping batteries? Enough to make them charge me an assload for doing it?

Pic coming in a sec.

2. [​IMG]

K, this obviously isn't my actual car. But aside all that fancy crap put in it, it's basically identical.

Okay, where there air intake filter is, I think underneath that is where the battery is. To the right of the giant ass fuse box thingy.

Hmm, I know where to put my fuse now though...

3. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    IIRC it's in one of the wheel wells, behind a panel. Not necessarily dificult to replace, but more of a PITA than the normal under hood location since you have to remove the tire to do it.

4. Ugh. Alright, thanks dude. It makes much more sence now.

Stupid GM design.

5. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Here's the only pic I could find that shows where it is...

[​IMG]

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Dude, Cirrus is Daimler Chrysler. Not GM. I have replaced one on a 95 cirrus, and it's the same. Just take off the drivers wheel, and there is a stubborn little panel to take off. Then there is a battery strap that is most likely completely rusted.

7. Oh. Thought they were the same company (grew up in a ford family)

And I did see that other pic and was like "okay....that's gotta be hard to get to"

I hope the car audio people won't make a big fiasco outta changing the batt.

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Eh, it's not that bad. But I am a mechanic. Chrysler is closest to Mistubishi, BTW.

9. though it isn't a '98... mine is in the control panel on the back of the body :smug: :bassist: