1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any Accordion aficionados on this forum, Scandalli content need advice

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by gt96g, Jul 21, 2012.

1. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    Hey guys, I picked up this old accordion called a scandalli at a yard sale today, my question is does anyone have any idea what model this is and what it may be worth, It has made in Italy and what looks like a serial number ending in /32 on the bottom which I am assuming means its from 1932. any input would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I went through an "accordion phase" some years ago. What I found was that old Italian accordions are plentiful everywhere, and most are not worth more than $50 if anything. There are some rarities that could be worth more if in mint condition, or at least refurbished; and there are professional-grade instruments that sell for about the same range of prices as professional basses do. But the yard-sale accordion is like yard-sale Tupperware--it only has value if you want to use it yourself.

3. Joedog

Joedog

Jan 28, 2010
    Pensacola FL
    I had one once. I made the mistake of leaving it on my back seat, and stupidly left my car unlocked in the mall parking lot. When I got back to the car, there were TWO accordians on the back seat!

4. Auguste

Auguste

Apr 5, 2012
    Hilarious