Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any advice for buying a Streamer Stage I?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dudemeister, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Hello fellow bassplayers,
    I'm taking a five hour train trip on friday to try a secon hand Warwick Streamer Stage I and I wonder if there is anything special I shall think about when trying it?
    I've never tried one before so I have nothing to compare it against (except other basses of course...).
    The price is 9500 swedish crowns wich is aprox. 905 USD.

By the way, sorry if anyone thougt this was another "please compare SSI and SSII" post and went mad.:)

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It's a great bass, but it's also a large animal. This might sound shallow, but trust me, it'll make sense in the long run. If you know any speed slap riffs, try them on that bass. If you can pull them off without a problem, then the "playing feel" will be right for you. It has a very thick neck. It is also emersed in mids, so tweak the controls, and play every style you can think of. Some people can't live with those dominate mids. Walk around, jump, and dance with the bass, because it does weigh 10.6 lbs. Also, try out some stacatto type riffs to make sure you can deal with the wide spacing. Naturally, check and make sure everything is in order. As for the price, that's a very one. Good luck.