1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any advice on a bass upgrade

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by puto, Apr 26, 2006.

1. puto

puto

Apr 26, 2006
    ok so i started off on a cheap yammaha i picked up for like 150 buck, which was ok to learn a little on. now i'm playin an SX vintage series that i bought from a pawn shop. it sounds pretty good but i'm looking to buy something a bit better... i like playing a lot of hard rock, punk rock, and some metal... any suggestions on a good bass at a relatively affordable price? like under $1000... any comments will be appreciated.. thanks

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    warwick rockbasses would be a good thing to look into. But, if you look on the classifieds here, you can find tons of stuff that would fit that soundand budget.

3. puto

puto

Apr 26, 2006
    thanks man i appreciate the advice and i've heard good things about warwick

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I would also recommend getting some seymour cuncans for the SX. Those things sound fantabulous.

5. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    You can get a sick used Cirrus on the bay for a bit less than that if you watch prices for a while.

6. Look on ebay - a MIJ jazz or precision...maybe a highway 1 - I went from Mexican to Japanese and the thing does feel more solidly built