Any advice on a similar Forum for selling a Gibson guitar ?

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by guitargarage, Aug 26, 2009.

1. guitargarage

guitargarage Commercial User

Jul 6, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Owner of Guitar Garage
    Hey fellow bass-folk - so I swing both ways - that is, I also play and collect guitars.

I know Talkbass is great for finding and selling basses - but does anybody know a community/forum thats as good for guitars ? And please dont say "ebay" !!

I have a swell old '65 Cardinal Red Firebird I'm a lookin' to convert into cash !!

thanks!

krishna

PS You can post a reply here or send me a PM or email - thanks again!

2. lposavad

lposavad Supporting Member

Try the Hamer Fan Club, mention that you got a reference through Talkbass (a number of us lurk both sites).
    Obviously the focus is on Hamers, but there's a lot of traffic in Gibsons and Heritage instruments as well.

http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

There's always the The Gear Page... not my cup of tea.

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Could try Harmony Central... though I have better luck on Craiglist than there myself >.<

4. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    There isn't a forum, including this one, that I do as well as I do on ebay. Proper pics and feedback checking AND offering USPS shipping to europe and japan have gotten me a pretty sick amount of cash. Next levels would be harmony central, the gear page, and my les paul forums.

Craigslist is a joke for selling nice things, but it also yields some great buying.

5. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    The Gear page
    is the one..Closest thing to TB
    but eBay and TB have feedback systems
    lotsa scanners trolling harmony central and craigs.
    I prefer craigs, local/face to face deals
    but after that, eBay and TB are safest IMO

6. guitargarage

guitargarage Commercial User

Jul 6, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Owner of Guitar Garage
    Thanks guys ! I'll look into all your suggestions - the Hamer forum is definitely a creative one I wouldn't have thought of!

And Lamar - I have also done well on Ebay, though with their fee structure its getting to be a pricey place to sell - even if it is all percentages. But good photos and a complete and honest description does seem to yield results there.

I've just been so impressed with the buying and selling experience here on TB that I was hoping there was something similar out there - now I have a bunch of places to check out - THANKS !!!!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021