1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  


Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by shababy32, Mar 15, 2017.

  1. shababy32


    May 2, 2015
    Hello ladies and gentlemen. I've got a few questions. I'm replacing my input Jack on my '15 MIA P Bass. What is the correct Switchcraft Jack do I need and how do i know I'm getting the real deal. Also, I was considering switching the potentiometers for the volume and tone. Which brand do yall suggest? Also, what is this Fender "TBX" treble bass expander potentiometer all about? Are there any other tone potentiometers that do better specifically for the P Bass or that style of passive bass?
  2. 60bass

    60bass Supporting Member

    Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Honestly the stock pots are good ones and you won't gain anything from changing them out. Now you could change the value of the tone cap and realize a change. For a darker old school sound change the tone cap to a vintage value cap of .1mfd. Or change out the pickups.

    Once I did a push/pull tone pot with the newer .05 cap on one side and the vintage .1 on the other. The change was subtle but noticeable. I really never thought the TBX or grease bucket circuit made much of a difference for bass. They worked good on my Strat though. Another thing is a "no load" tone pot. All the way open the pot is switched out of the circuit. Signal goes straight through

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.