Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Art collectors out there?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tpu2, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Tpu2

Tpu2

Oct 19, 2002
    I was just at the Chicago Art Institute and I saw a painting I really liked. It was Gino Severini's Still Life (Centrifugal Expansion of Colors). I was wondering if anyone by cance knew where I could get a print of it. I have looked around on the internet and I can't find anything, but I'm not real sure how to go about it. So any help would be appreciated :) ! Heres what it looks like: http://www.olemiss.edu/courses/math268_summer/chicago/chicago2.htm It's one of the first ones. Thanks in advance.

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    There should be art print galleries around.. Hard to say where exactly you could find it, perhaps you could call the Institute if they could tell where to find 'em, if they don't sell them themselves.

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

My wife and I go to Park West Gallery in Southfield occasionally. It is cool. We like a few things there.

One of these days.

4. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i'm a HUUGE Francis Bacon fan.

i have some rare lithos, but no paintings OF COURSE!

so, i google his name, find some galleries, and photo print them on 11 x 17 photo paper.

toss in a frame, and BAM!!!!!!!!!!

nice quality Francis Bacons on the wall.

he especially liked working in the TRYPTICH format, so i can 11 x 17 each panel and have a HUUGE Francis Bacon piece hangin' out.

f

5. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    [​IMG]

hmm, this would be a fun one to try to reproduce in Adobe Illustrator.

f

6. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    [​IMG]

interesting stuff.

f

7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I do have some comics autographed by Berni Wrightson, plus a few autographed Frank Frazetta pictures.