1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any Ashdown perfect ten users out there?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steve G, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Steve G

Steve G

Jul 19, 2007
    Hi folks, Im a new guy here, guitarist for quite a while but relatively new to the joys of bass.

been playing around five years and gigging around 1-2.

Wanted some advice. I have an Ashdown perfect ten combo on the way.

-Does anyone have experience of these?

-How can I expect it to perform hooked up to a 15" ext cab? Will I get much more volume, or just 'spread'?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

2. Steve G

Steve G

Jul 19, 2007
    No one?

3. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    Its a 30 watt amp. The 10 should be ample.

4. Hi Steve... i own one... and i LOVE the tone of it... i think it sounds better than a lot of other amps it's price and size... my only beef with it... it doesn't get very loud... i used it will my "world fusion" combo (me on laptop and bass, a sitar player, and a persussionist) to play coffee house type gigs... and found myself cranking it just be heard... now it sounded great, but i didnt really have ANY headroom on it... i think if you're looking for a rehersal type amp or only play places where stage volume isnt important it's an AWESOME amp... however if you are playing without a good monitor system or with a live kit drummer i doubt you would be able to hear it very well... BTW i never did try it with another cab so i cant really comment on how that would sound...

best of luck,

Paul

5. Steve G

Steve G

Jul 19, 2007
    Thanks for the responses folks. Surely therell be some advantage from pushing it through a bigger speaker?
    I play in reasonably quiet cover band and am probably looking for a lot less power than you guys.
    In the event that it isnt loud enough for gigs Ill be more than happy playing around at home with some juicy new bass tones!
    Would love to hear any more opinions....