Any Bad Religion fans?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PUNK&DONUTS, Feb 11, 2001.

1. Anyone listen to BR? To me they are probably one of the all time best punk bands especially since they keep loyal to the meaning of punk unlike most of todays punk bands, just fast riffs and catchy lyrics like Greenday or Blink 182. My favourite album would have to be either Stranger Than Fiction or Recipe 4 Hate.
  2. ive listened to some of their songs, and i must say im impressed. they sure use vulgarity alot though, well i guess thats good for you hardcore punkers, but its not my thing. i would still take blink 182 over them anyday (strange as it sounds, they are one of my favorite bands).
  3. What do you mean I can't actually think of a song off the top of my head which has much swearing in it if any and I've got most of their albums.
  4. My favorite Bad Religion album is either Recipe for Hate or Suffer.

Favorite song is probably Don't Pray on Me.
    Their music really relaxes me. It gets me out of my occasional "I wish everyone didn't have to be so damn punk" phases.
    And you have to respect a punk band that has a college professor writing the songs.

5. I used to listen to them a lot when I was younger, mostly Suffer, No Control, Against the Grain, How Could Hell Be Any Worse. They were always one of my favorite bands because Greg Graffin wrote intelligent, socially conscious lyrics. As for vulgarity, jrthebassguy may have Bad Religion confused with another band.

Odd thing though, after Generator, about the same time Brett Gurewitz left, Greg stared dumbing down his lyrics. Gone are the big words, supposedly in an attempt to gain new listeners who felt the music was too difficult before.

Personally, I have found everything after Generator to be very lackluster and uninspiring.
  6. well, ill admit "alot" is a bit overdoing it. but i dont just mean the songs, but im talkin about like other stuff too. like check out epitaph's website, now tell me that the site doesnt swear, and neither does the Bad Religion section of the site.
  7. Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    Does Christianity count? :D

:: pulling on flame-resistant suit::
  8. Ok, so now I sort of understand what you mean by vulgarity that is if you are referring to their views on religion. I think it's something like only ten songs or so that directly relate to God the others just question the authority of groups. This just happens to be one of the major reasons why I like them because they are helping you to question these authorities instead of going along with the norm something which I have always believed even before I had heard BR, there's no point being a yes man!

By the way I am not trying to put across any views just saying it's just get's you thinking thats all.

As for the dumbing down of the lyrics I don't agree I have the older albums and find that the newer ones just as good lyrically and I think it's good that they are aiming for a wider audiece especially without becoming commercial.

The Epitaph site is not run by them and they probably don't have full input on that site but their official site is very respectable have a look at that.