Any baggage 'handlers' here?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassteban, Jun 23, 2005.

1. I understand if you are & won't admit it to a bunch of musicians. :rolleyes: I'm flying(w/a bass & amp)from Sacramento to San Diego tomorrow. :meh:
  2. I wouldn't admit it, either.
  3. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    can't speak for traveling to the left coast, but...
    if you ever travel to boston, logan airport doesn't bother giving you your handchecked goes right down to the carousel!
    i've had that happen too many times, and it sucks ass all around...TG that my travel kit is pretty secure.
  4. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Oh they call it "handling" do they? I thought it was "rip through all your stuff and break both zippers on your bag cause you didn't get your morning coffee" baggage handlers.

I hate airports.

5. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Where did you play in SD?

I used to live down there, wonderful town.

I spent a lot of time in La Jolla and Del Mar, and up in the North County.

Plus many long hours trying my best to get off a salsa thing in National City, which didn't always work so well (scurvy white boy here). :D

And then there was the time I got a bad case of fleas in a hotel in Chula Vista, but let's not go there either... :D
  6. -I flew from Sacramento to San Diego, then took a bus to an orphanage just outside of Tijuana. My Church sends several groups a year to do construction projects in the morning and lead worship services in the evening, for a week or so. I just got back today- I'm beat. Up at 6, work til noon, eat lunch, load a decrepit old school bus w/musical equipment & drive a few miles down the worst roads in the western hemisphere to the poorest parts of the world I've ever seen, rock out & preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, drive back to the orphanage for dinner at say 10 or 11, crash out, get up & do it again. Closest thing to an actual 'tour' I ever do- great fun, & a very humbling experience. Oh, & the bass survived fine. Stuck it in a gig bag inside an SKB bas safe inside a cardboard box.
    BTW, I call them 'luggage monkeys', not baggage handlers. I only used that term to avoid confusion. ;)