Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Bass Players In Maryland?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dmb01, Nov 1, 2002.

1. I am despearatly looking for a bass player that can play dave matthews. I am trying to pull a band togaether and so far there is a singer (thats me) a rhythm guitar player and drummer. All that's needed is a bass. So if your in MD please reply!

2. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    I can play DMB, but I choose not too!:) My fiancee wants me to move there to be closer to her family, I don't know...I'm kinda in a New York state of mind. Whats going on in MD? Anything in particular I should know about?

3. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
  4. There isn't you should know about, I'm just ryin to find people.

5. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Surely Maryland has something going on musically other than DMB tribute bands. Musical diversity... Studios... Live venues?? Whats up? Help a brother out!

6. Jontom,
    I have no idea whats going on in MD. All I am is a novice singer who wants to have a band that can play DMB and I would like to sing with. I am looking for a bassist so I can get the band thing started so I wont loose the people I found. I wish I could help you but I'm out of touch with the whole music scene. If and when I get this thing started and after much practice we might do some gigs.

7. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    I wish you well with the project. I just wish I knew what I might be getting in to if I make a move. Things are pretty comfortable up here in NY...I can actually make some decent scratch doing club gigs twice a weekend, while my day job covers my bills and medical/dental. Nicey!