Any bass players near Blue Springs?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by stroggnoy, Jul 12, 2002.

1. stroggnoy

stroggnoy Guest

Jul 11, 2002
    I don't know if this is the correct forum to be posting this in, but it seemed right at the time.

I play drums, and I'm trying to start up a band (or find one, but that's really not working out at all), but I can't seem to find anyone that is worth the time. I'm pretty serious about it (I want to play out, and it would be great to "make it", but I'm not going to quit my job over it) and have about 2-3 years before I go off to school (unless something works out). Anyway, I'd prefer someone with quite a bit of talent, but I'm pretty desperate right now :D . I'm interested in something similar to the following:

Heavy Metal - Pantera, Metallica

Technical Metal - Dream Theater, Tool, Mudvayne

Melodic Death Metal - In Flames, Arch Enemy

Funky Stuff - Dunno... RHCP is the closest I can think of to what I'm envisioning

Instrumental - Liquid Tension Experiment, Chris Brooks, Mahavishnu Orchestra.... anything that's technical/emotional/instrumental =)

I'm not interested in nu-metal at all, and I don't have anyone else I'm currently talking to (guitar/keyboard players and singers). Not to discourage anyone from replying to this (doubt I'll get a response anyway), but I really would like someone who knows theory and is technically proficient (ideally able to play stuff like DT). If you want to hear me, I have some mediocre samples (I didn't bother cleaning them up and the sound quality is atrocious) here:
  2. For those of you that may live in this area without being totally familiar with the suburbs, Blue Springs is pretty close to KCMO.
  3. I live in the area (Overland Park, KS) but I'm not really into most of the groups you listed...good luck finding a bassist and post if you have any upcoming gigs!
  4. EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Lee's Summit:MO
    Well I live in Lee's Summit. But from what you say, I don't know if I would be your man. I've only been playing for 1 year and 5 months...But I'm learning. But I'm in another band already anyway. I'm only 16
  5. hey i live in the northland, over by KCI. but i suck and i play in a punk band. sorry! good luck though! woohoo!