Any Bassists in NJ want my gig ?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by buzzbass, Jan 30, 2006.

1. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    hey guys, I'm not digging my current band anymore and I want out. I like all the folks in my band and don't want to screw any of them over. I'm looking for a new gig and I'd like to be able to just walk away, sooner than later. They don't know my intentions and I'd like to have everything all lined up before I announce them. That way they don't miss a beat and I can move on to find my next challenge. The band is called Goodbie Amy and the website is, go check it out and PM me if you're interested. Whatever you do, don't eMail them and say I heard you're looking for a bassplayer. I'll set you up and get the transition going and you can jump in as soon as you're ready. No matter what, I'm not going to leave them high & dry. thanks, Don
  2. Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Man, that's a straight-up thing you're doing for your band. Not a lot of people out there like you. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

3. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    "Not a lot of people out there like you."

thank god for that , LOL.

Thanks though, I'm sure the guitarist will still think I suck and take all personal and all. But like I said, I like them all and I'm trying to quell as many hard feelings as possible. They've told me several times that I'm the catalyst that got them out and gigging, and that I'm the one that holds it all together musically sometimes. How can you screw over someone that pays you such nice complements, it's just not in my nature. Hopefully someone will step up.
  4. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    That is very stand-up of you to find a replacement.

Are they trying to spell GoodbYe Amy, or is it an inside joke?

I'm pretty busy and those venues are a bit far south for me, but I know a lot of those tunes so I could help out as a sub if you get in a bind.
  5. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003

Thanks for the offer, if you see me post a sub thread, please step up. Although , I have nothing on the horizon to (gig wise) to warrant looking for a sub right now. I'm not sure why they spell it like that. Maybe because the logo wouldn't look good with 2 Y's in it ?
  6. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    You're a really cool dude. I admire your attitude.

P.S. Of course you're worried that they may still be upset but if you're the guy that got them "up and gigging", you've already done them a huge favor and they'll remember it. Leaving them with a replacement will make it easier for them to realize that fact. Again, very cool.
  7. jimbob

Dec 26, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    Endorsing Artist: Acoustica Mixcraft; Endorsing Artist: DR Strings
    Classy Move!
  8. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works

Knowing a little tiny bit about your situation I can appreciate where your head is at and why you're looking to boogie. But there are some terrible bands out there that do not have anywhere near the level of professionalism GA has. Trust me, it took me almost 2 years to find quality cats after my last thing broke up.

If you're serious about splitting, I'll keep my ear to the ground for you. I don't know of anything specific right now, but you never know ......

BTW, we just recorded a "live" demo, the Eden was very tight, recorded beautifully ......... :cool:
  9. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003

Thanks Ed, glad the cab is still rocking, I'm defintely a schroder head now, I've see the light :D Believe me, I'm only jumping to another working situation. The drummer and I talked this weekend, and we're both of the same attitude. "I'm only here until something better comes along." I really think Dale and Amy would be better off sticking to their duo thing anyway
  10. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    I'm outta there, seems I got my message across in a backhanded way. I answered another bassist wanted ad for another, better known, female fronted band. This band told me that they wouldn't audition me becuase they were friends with the husband and wife team that lead my ex-band. They didn't want it to look like they were stabbing my band in the back, yada yada. They promptly turned around and called said husband and wife leaders and ratted me the F out ! Oh well, it wasn't ugly and they're covered. It's a win/win in my book.

Ed(PointBass), they said that I've been in the dog house and on "probation" since the sub dealio. LOL, that's funny, that's when it went sour for me and I was thinking the same about them. No worries dude, and don't you dare say I'm sorry. We're cool, always. I think the whole course of events is hilarious.
  11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Ouch! That's rough. Glad you are ok with it though.
  12. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    Not really, they also cited my recent "equipment problems" as a reason too. Whatever. My amp cutting out doesn't change bad harmonies or sloppy guitar work. At the end of the day, it's just a stupid cover band, and I wasn't digging it anymore. No biggie. They told me several times that it wasn't my playing, so I ain't losing any sleep over it. I just got beat to the punch, that's all. Either way, I wish them well.
  13. QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    which part of Jersey? it's a big place
  14. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

Ocean/Monmouth County